2021 Mary Tempranillo


Single Vineyard from the Leasingham sub-region of Clare. Harvested at optimum flavour and once at the winery, the fruit is separated into two parcels. 40% is put in the chiller to cold soak for 5 days before being crushed. The other 60% is crushed and put to small fermenters, hand plunged and left on skins for 30 days for extended maceration. The other cold soak portion is crushed, fermented in small tubs for 2 weeks. Both parcels are then put to older oak barrels for just over 1 ½ years before being blended together and put to bottle. No fining and no filtration.


Tasting NOtes

If you don’t like reds, this is the one for you. As a kid, my parents had a blood plum tree behind the shed and when the fruit was ripe, I would sit in the tree and devour these plump, rich plums. The juice running down my chin. Heaven. This wine is like that but with more. It has this black cherry edge with a touch of leather and clove while gently smothering itself over your whole mouth. This variety is definitely worth pouring in your glass.

Sign up to our Newsletter

may the 4th be with you